19 April 2006

Life is Good!

What a perfect day! I was finished work at 1PM, and we took the dog out to the conservation area for a walk.

April from Coffee Crazy Knitters asked for pictures of Knitting in Motion, so here's mine! There's nothing quite like knitting and walking the dog at the same time. She's around somewhere.

I recently found out that two different friends are going to be grandmothers for the first time, so out comes baby patterns. I decided to do the
Seamless Yoked Sweater that Samantha and Jen have done. It comes highly recommended. I'm using Sirdar Snuggly Baby Care DK left over from Miss P's fall sweater.

I got this nice surprise in the mail yesterday, but I promised myself I wouldn't start it till I have my Winter Sunset cardigan done. For now I'll just have to look at it. There's even enough yarn for the tam, but I don't think it's me.

And how cute are these ! They're almost dry and ready to make shine.

Life is good!

9 comments:

Liz K. said...

Love the Mary Janes! Cute! And your squares for Grace are beautiful too!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwww wet dog smell! and you look like and angry walking knitter. Pee's slippers are cute (still the wrong red)... maybe you should let me sequin them.. I like sparkly things. If you really want to use up the wool on the tam.. I wear tams :)

Samantha said...

Can your lab swim? Mine can't. Well she can, but she looks like a total idiot because she's not good at it. We have to buy her a life jacket because we're afraid she might drown if we took her out in the boat and she jumped out in the middle of a lake or something. Yes, she is that bad. And it's not due to lack of practice either ... she's just got a big arse that pulls her down or something. LOL

The sweater looks cute. I am almost done the body of mine now. Hoping to get it finished tonight, and then move onto the sleeves on the weekend.

I love the slippers too. They look like the right red to me, but what do I know? The Wizard of Oz is only my favourite movie ...

LOL

Jenn said...

I was thinking the same thing about the wet dog smell, hehe!
Actually, the red looks pretty good, we just watch the movie yesterday. P's sitting here jumping up and down over her "Dorothy shoes". She's very excited!
You'll be done the baby sweater in no time!

Anny said...

Life is good indeed! I'm impressed that you can knit and walk at the same time. And your ruby slippers are terrific!

There's no place like home (or where the yarn is ;0)

Cheers!

JustApril said...

GREAT Knitting in Motion pic! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I was really sick when I got your email. I'm posting a link to your blog now

ICJ said...

I love your "Knitting in Motion" Photo! I should do that too instead of sitting in my chair for knitting! LOL

Your felted Ballet Slippers look great!

Isabelle aka Tricotine :)
http://tricotine.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Hello!! Confused blonde girl here! I clicked on your link, saw it looked different even though I recognized the photos in the last post and thought "Oooops, wrong blog!!" ... Duh!

Unknown said...

I love the sweater wool!!! I have the wool for the Winter Sunset Cardi and haven't started; I will be living vicariously through you.

Oh wait, sorry LOL, have to say I could never knit and walk - I can walk and talk! The dog smell reminds me of Eucalan and wet wool (I hate the smell!). Our dogs don't swim but they love the rain - go figure. And the slippers are adorable - great post Rhonda!