23 July 2006

Intervention! No Way.

You know you have to do something when you hear your family talking about an intervention, and not the show on A&E.
I don't think I have a problem. I know there are millions of you out there just like me, so how can it be a problem.








I keep the door shut so they can't see, but I'm sure it was starting to overflow out the room. So this was my mission this weekend.


TaaDaa! Who need's an intervention now!






Even Mr. Tibbs could finally see out the window. I might even get motivated to get back to my quilt.













So I am declaring this day "Tidy up your Stash Day", so your family doesn't know exactly how much you really have.

I even finished and blocked one sleeve of Julie's Aran. Onward and upward! And happy stash hiding.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I am soooo jealous that you have a yarn/knitting/sewing room. When we put an addition on our house (in 4 years-ish) I will have a knitting/yarn/sewing room too. You can come help me organize it, k? I just ordered some knitpicks yarn (will post on my blog when I get it) ... but (be proud) I ordered lace weight yarn to knit Icarus from the last addition of IK. Wooot! I've had some wine and I'm rambling now, but you're used to that! HA! Did Val survive the babysitting adventure here? TTYL

Gillian said...

Now that is a STASH! Time to knit a few cardis.
Cheers Gillian

Jenn said...

Wow, that looks great! The weekend was well spent I suppose. :-)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Great space you've got!

I hide mine in hat boxes, cedar chest & under the bed. I pull the stash out to look at now & then when I'm alone & planning a project, but if they stay hidden, everyone else [mainly the DH] forgets how much I have, LOL.

It's harder to hide the BOOKS!!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Well Rhonda (in answer to your recent note to me) if you take a look here ... http://del.icio.us/stitchingnut and subtract the 37 free pattern links, you've got an idea of what I'm talking about on books. LOL, maybe you're right ... let's do a "Show us you Pattern Stash 2006" ... Anyone game? We could pick a day to show our stuff! (I better start taking pics now ... hehe)

Anny said...

Yeah, so? I don't see a problem.
you're a knitter. You need yarn ;0) Heehee!

Love your hedera socks and the cashmerino booties. Girl, you're on fire and I'm envious! My knits are sadly all being neglected...