4 April 2007

A date with destiny...

I been trying so hard to catch up on my knitting but I'm still coming down off my high.
Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society was coming to Toronto this past Friday night. We wanted to get tickets but guess what?, SOLD OUT!
What's a girl to do? I have admired this man's music for a few years now and would have gone to see him in a minute. So after a little crying in my beer and feeling sorry for myself, my daughter tells me there's a contest on the radio to go see Zakk at an undisclosed location in Hamilton for a meet and greet. All you have to do is guess the 5 snippits of songs. You know the kind, you can hum the tune, you know the song, it's on the tip of your tongue, but you just can't spit it out.
I had 2 of them right away, I got my son involved (he's a big Zakk fan)he got 2 more, all we needed was the last one. Next, my daughter's boyfriend (biggest Zakk fan of all time), he knew it but couldn't spit it out.
So I loaded up im mp3 with every album and was on a quest to find the last song.
"Crazy or High". I should have known that.
Now we just need each one of us to enter. 4 chances to win.
I entered right away, my son forgot, the boyfriend forgot, and my daughter remembered 5 minutes before the contest closed.
Now we wait. No call back. I'm ready to cry. How can he be so close but yet so far?
My daughter leaves it to the last minute and she WINS!!!!!!
Fortunately my daughter is not a big fan, so I got to go with her boyfriend.
WHOO HOO!
So off we went the next day to a church of all places turned into a recording studio. It was broadcast live, only 10 winners with 1 guest each, and some radio personallities.
This was better than any concert. Up close and personal with Zakk Wylde!

After his performance we were allowed to meet him one on one and have one item autographed !


Thanks Dave, it was the best afternoon a mom could have!

Now on to knitting news.......

my Dublin Bay socks are done.
Yarn: Socks that Rock (Scottish Highland colourway)
Needles: 2.5mm bamboos
The only modification I made was cutting the pattern down to 60 sts which was very easy to do.
I have read on a few blogs lately about the STR felting in the machine so it was suggested to me to knit up a swatch and throw it in the washer and test it first. It might just be handwashing for this pair.
Also I joined a web ring if any one else is interested:
Knitting in Ontario. Why not sign up!

Also I have signed up for the Six_Sox Knitalong. One pair of socks every 2 months with some great looking patterns.
Check out I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can for details!
Now back to that darn Aran!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What did you get signed?

I join the Knitting in Ontario ring - thanks for the link.

Samantha said...

Hooray! That's exciting! Valerie told me all about it at the candle store the other day. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

Alisha said...

That is cool!! Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot!!!

Great socks and I will definatly check out the ring.