25 August 2007

Another project finished.....

There's something to be said about having a real live model, but here it goes anyway.

Pattern: "Pike" free from Berrocco

Yarn: Peruvia 100% highland wool from Berrocco, 5 skeins

Needles: 6mm (10 US)

All in all, the pattern knit up pretty fast. No sleeves to deal with. The yarn is lovely to work with and blocked beautifully. You have to pay attention to the way it's sewn together. It's different than normal contruction.

It's not my cup of tea (fashion wise), but hey, I just have to knit it not wear it. So I'm off to deliver it to Julie and pick up Miss "P". Maybe she'll let me get some knitting done this weekend.

6 comments:

Angelika said...

Woohoo, Freddy. I like that.
Knittin, yes, keep me on track. I like making some projects just for the knitting itself, even if I would never wear them, so I know what you mean. It's fun though.

Alisha said...

That looks perfect for a cool fall morning in the yard with a cup of tea.

Great job!!

Unknown said...

Not my style either, but it looks cool! I'll be in the store Thursday or Friday to drop off a thing and pick up another thing. Will I see you?

Sue said...

I have to agree, not my style either. It does look nice and warm though.

Samantha said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

nice shawl pin