3 December 2007

All done...

I finished Hip to be Square this week-end. All in all, a very quick knit. Pattern: Hip to be Square, Designed by Julie from the Needle Emporium
Yarn: Naturally Vero 18-50g balls
Needles: 5.5mm needles
Experience level: All you need to know is garter stitch, decreasing and I cord bind off, the pattern is very well written.

So as a reward, Miss "P" and I went to Julie's and bought some yarn for hats and mitts.

For her, Nashua Handknits Superwash, Sarah helped her pick out the colours.
I started the Target Wave Mittens, but quite honestly, I'm not loving the pattern.
I'll probably finish them for her, but I'll make a regular pair too!
And for me, Dream in Color Fatty ! I been wanting to make the Nomad Hat and scarf from Interweave Knits Fall/07.
I thought this would be ideal for walking the dog. Maybe even for work, the colour is perfect to match my Post Office blues. And after that cold wind today, I think I can use this. And seeing as Miss "P" was such a good girl this weekend, and let Gramma get her knitting done, we went to Walmart and got some fairytale magnets. I know her birthday is is Saturday, but I can't help myself.

2 comments:

Angelika said...

The monad hat sounds great. I bet you can get lots of use out of it. Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Fatty!! Hahaha

The jacket is great, good work.