20 October 2008

Alone again....

Well, Mr. D has left me once again for his annual hunting trip. As you can see somebody didn't want him to go. Lady dog is showing signs of separation anxiety. And me, I'm enjoying the peace and quite today. My girls came out Friday for a visit and we thought we would try RoBo baby in the exersaucer. It fits like a glove. She's pretty strong for 4 months and wants to stand all the time. Miss "P" decided to spend the whole weekend, (I think she thought gramma might be a little lonely) but, she actually let me get some knitting done. So I finished up my socks and I started another baby cardigan. This time from the top down and I'll be putting the pattern down on paper soon. Pattern: Spring Forward-- From Knitty.

Yarn: Tofutsie--less than 1 ball. colour 785

Needles: 2.5mm

This is a great pattern to knit. Easy to memorize, and knit up quick. The only thing I did differently was use 4 needles instead of 5. That way your stitches worked out 22, 22, 22.

Today was also a day of hard decisions....while trying to straighten out my wall o' wool, I came to the conclusion that it will take forever to knit with everything I have in that room. Sooooooooo....I grit my teeth and weeded out some yarns and am listing them on ebay. (EGADS!!!!!)
I think I better go lie down now!

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Poor lady, and remember if you decide you don't like the socks I'll take them off your hand!

Sue said...

I love the socks. I have some Tofutsie yarn somewhere in my stash and I am afraid to say but I too really need to sort out my stash too. I will never knit with everything in there but I do like to think that I can have a choice when I need to knit something up. Your girls look so cute together.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks!

Angelika said...

I can tell you tales about separation issues with me, the kids and even the dog. It's not pretty, but we'll get through it, every time.