2 January 2010

Fresh start............

Happy New Year to everyone.
I know I haven't posted much lately but I had a lot on my plate. Between working and skeining and dying and setting up shop and knitting for Julie, there's not a lot of time to blog. Or maybe I've just gotten slack about it.
So in light of this here is my plan for the New Year.............
I hate to make resolutions for the New Year because I never follow through. I'm just the kind of girl that does things on a whim, as soon as I set goals or restrictions I fail.
So this will be a new year of doing things when I want and how I want, with no pressure, no KAL's, no group projects, no timetables. Just me free as a bird. I feel better already!!!!

I have finished Julies Cape Coat and will take pictures and post them later. And my first project for the new year will be a pullover for Mr D. He's only been waiting for about 4 years and after the present he gave me for Christmas I'd better hop to it.So now I'm of to skein up some more yarn for the dye pot. Can't wait to see what we come up with next.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Your ring is beautiful. Yes, I think finishing the sweater first is important.

In 2009 I said "I'm not knitting anything I don't WANT to knit. I'm not taking orders, this year is for me to knit what I want." ... BEST year of knitting ever. I didn't get as much done, but there was no pressure. I'm continuing that into 2010.

lexa said...

Happy New Year!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nothing wrong with a year of knitting selfishly!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love knitting for myself also, but find myself trying to knit Christmas gifts at the last minute every time. Hate the pressure I put on myself, so this year I'm knitting what I want but throwing it into the Christmas Basket during the year. My resolution is to knit as much as I can from my STASH.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful ring!

Happy New Year - enjoy!