17 January 2010

A mothers love....

Sometimes being a mother is the hardest job of all. I think the hardest part is letting go and watching them be the person they are. Even when they're adults we still want to tell them what to do and give advice when it's not really needed.

I watched my child muck around in the dye, make a mess, and think to myself (and voice it out loud), "What the hell are you doing"?
She gives me that look of -- mind your own business and let me do what I want.
But, I really had my eyes opened this morning while I was re-skeining our yarns that we dyed the other day and getting them ready to photograph. They are really nice!!!
Job well done, my dear. And even though I may still try and tell you what to do, I do admire your creativity and passion for colour.
Some of these are up in the shop now, and the rest will be up when we get them named.

6 comments:

lexa said...

Did she clean up her mess? lol! They are gorgeous!!

Samantha said...

LMAO @ Lexa ... clean up her own mess?!? Doubtful!!

Love the yarns. They're gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Now that I have children, I completely understand what you mean. It's frusterating at times too. I have to say though, the yarn turned out nice. They photograhed well too.

Jenn said...

Btw the last comment was mine. Lol.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful yarn - you two are amazing!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Mess.. what mess? I don;t recall making a mess... :)