6 April 2014

The hardest part.............

for me is picking up projects I started and put down for one reason or another. This is one of them. I started this baby blanket for my great-nephew who is now 1 year old.  I saw a project I like, I dyed the yarn, and then I started.
Yarn:  Wandering Cat Fat Cat DK


Like everything I knit, I go all gang busters, then something new comes along and catches my eye.   Where does it go? In the basket for a time-out. I promise myself I'll get right back to it, and sometimes I do but most times I don't.

Now that I'm home for a bit, it's time to start getting back to that time-out basket.  I have a couple of friends having babies this fall, so if I get on it now they'll have some lovely knits by the time they are born.  Well my intentions are good.

The blanket is now just a little farther along than this, I'm already on the side triangles. I can do this.
I'm not following any particular pattern, just a photo of a baby blanket I saw and fell in love with.  Mitered squares are so versatile and perfect for small or larger projects.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the background colour on the blanket, hope we'll get to see the finished item!

Araignee said...

Beautiful use of color!