3 May 2014

Being at home....

for an extended time does have it's advantages.  Although I miss my job (just a little bit) I am getting lots of time to do the things I love.
Daenerys is done, blocked and ready for her debut.  This was a pretty easy knit and the Twisted Slinky Cat with that touch of silk made it shine.  Also with it's generous 600 yards it's not difficult to get a good size shawl out of it.  The KAL is still on and there is still plenty of time to knit something up before June 8th.

Next up is the long ignored baby blanket.  I know this should not have taken so long, but like I said before, sometimes when I put a project down it takes some time to get back to.  Nothing like more babies on the way to motive me and it was already half done.
My version of the Nursery Blocks Baby Blanket.  There are more picture on my Rav project page.

I dyed up some Wandering Cat Fat Cat DK and really didn't plan out how I was going to knit this up, other than the picture I saw.  I was thinking of a square blanket, but the blocks were so addicting I just kept knitting.  Next thing I knew I had a rectangle.  I also incorporated the side triangles from another pattern on ravelry, and I used all four colours for a garter stitch border knit in the round.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out I may just make another one. 


2 comments:

Araignee said...

The shawl is lovely! I can't believe you finished it so quickly.
The baby blanket looks fun. I really need to make one of those with all this leftover sock yarn.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Both look fantastic!